- Jul 12, 2018 -
The shock absorber is a fragile accessory during the use of the car. The shock absorber works well and will directly affect the stability of the car and the life of other parts. Therefore, we should make the shock absorber often in good working condition. The following method checks if the shock absorber works well.
1. Let the car stop after driving for 10 km on the road with poor road conditions, and touch the shock absorber casing by hand. If it is not hot enough, there is no resistance inside the shock absorber, and the shock absorber does not work. At this time, the appropriate lubricating oil can be added and then tested. If the outer casing is hot, the inside of the shock absorber is lacking in oil, and sufficient oil should be added; otherwise, the shock absorber is invalid.
2. Press the bumper firmly and release it. If the car has 2-3 jumps, the shock absorber works well.
3. When the car is driving slowly and braking urgently, if the car vibration is severe, it indicates that the shock absorber has a problem.
4. Remove the shock absorber and erect it, and clamp the lower end connecting ring on the vise. Pull the shock absorber lever several times. At this time, there should be stable resistance. The resistance to the upward pull recovery should be greater than the downward pressure. The resistance at the time, such as unstable resistance or no resistance, may be due to lack of oil inside the shock absorber or damage to the valve parts. Repair or replacement of parts should be performed.
After confirming that there is a problem or failure of the shock absorber, first check the shock absorber for oil leakage or traces of old oil leakage.
If oil leakage is found, first tighten the cylinder head nut. If the shock absorber still leaks oil, it may be an oil seal. If the gasket is damaged, replace it with a new one. If you still can't eliminate the oil leakage, pull out the shock absorber. If you feel the hairpin or the light and heavy, check whether the gap between the piston and the cylinder is too large, whether the shock absorber piston rod is bent or not. Whether the surface and the cylinder are scratched or scratched.
If the shock absorber does not leak oil, check the shock absorber connection pin, connecting rod, connecting hole, rubber bushing, etc. for damage, desoldering, cracking or falling off. If the above inspection is normal, the shock absorber should be further decomposed to check whether the clearance between the piston and the cylinder is too large, whether the cylinder has a strain, whether the valve seal is good, whether the valve flap and the valve seat are tightly attached, and Whether the tension spring of the shocker is too soft or broken, and repair or repair according to the situation.
In addition, the shock absorber will have a sounding fault in actual use, mainly due to the shock absorber colliding with the leaf spring, the frame or the shaft, the rubber pad is damaged or dropped, and the shock absorber dust cylinder is deformed, the oil If it is caused by insufficient reasons, etc., the cause should be identified and repaired.
- Shock absorber
- Working principle of shock absorber
- Use of shock absorbers
- Method for testing shock absorbers
- Oil pressure shock absorber
- Oil pressure shock absorber composi...
- Automobile shock absorber
- Working principle of oil pressure s...
- Brief introduction of air shock abs...
- Classification of pneumatic shock a...
- Fox shock absorber replacement
- What is the impact of car shock abs...
- Cartridge shock absorber installation
- Is your car comfortable? ——Automobi...
- When should the car shock absorber ...
- ommon faults and maintenance method...
- Inspection and maintenance of autom...
- How does the shock absorber work?
- How durable is the shock absorber?
- Damper working principle
Related Industry Knowledge